- The boys just came out of Parker’s room and both broke down crying. I was afraid something really serious had happened but then, through chokes of tears, they explained that Parker had cut his finger while trying to pull a string off of Theo’s Spiderman costume. Why were they so hysterical? Because they both thought Parker’s finger was going to be cut off. Yep. I’ve traumatized my kids. I’ve always stressed that they shouldn’t wrap things around body parts for fear of cutting off circulation but clearly they both took that to the extreme. Better safe than sorry, right? 😉
- I’ve been having serious thoughts about cosmetic surgery. I’m not even going to say specifically what surgery because I’m that embarrassed about it but I will say that it’s not something I ever thought would be number one on my list. There is
probablyno way I’d ever go through with it because I’m terrified of surgery but I seriously think about it a few times a week now. I have no idea what’s happening to me. Too much Housewives I think.
- Parker was selected to go to an All Star Fan Fest baseball camp at the Javits Center in Manhattan. It’s specifically for military kids and he was one of four Coastie kids chosen. I’m so thankful for all of the awesome experiences we get to have because we’re a CG family.
- Speaking of the Coast Guard – I’m in love with it. Josh and I have been talking about getting out within the next few years and while settling down and having the freedom to choose where we want to live sounds like heaven, the thought of no longer being a part of the CG makes me a little sad. Every single time I see something about the Coast Guard I swell with pride. I guess it’s like how people feel towards their Alma Mater.
- Ruby slept until 10:50 this morning and that was only because I started to get nervous about why she was still sleeping and woke her up. She went to bed at 6:15 last night. I think maybe she’s growing.
- My hair is at this strange in between length where it’s not short but it’s not long yet either. It’s extremely heavy and hurts when I put it in a pony tail so I’ve been wearing it in a braid or a top knot. I feel like when it’s braided I look Amish and when it’s in a top knot I look like this guy.
- I’ve stopped folding half of our laundry. It all started because we don’t have a linen closet in our house so instead of folding towels I just hang some in each bathroom and leave the rest in a laundry basket on top of the dryer. This made me realize that a lot of the clothes that I fold don’t require folding, so in what I’m calling an increase to my efficiency, I no longer fold towels, pajamas, or work out clothes. I just throw them into piles and dump the piles into the corresponding drawers. I mean, it doesn’t matter if pj’s are wrinkled. I feel like I could be starting a revolution with this idea.
- My poor, poor, sweet husband once again has his hopes up for the Pirates. As usual they’re tied for first which makes him say the same thing he says every year – “This is their year, Morgan!” But I’m always his voice of reason reminding him that every year the Pirates trick their fans into believing it’s their year, only to plummet in the second half of the season. We can expect a losing streak to start right about….now.
- We found a Crate and Barrel Outlet a half an hour away last week and left our house for shopping immediately. I bought a bunch of unnecessary serving dishes for, you know, whenever we have big dinner parties and such. I’m obsessed with white dishes and couldn’t pass up 90% off. They also had a lot of great furniture for ridiculously low prices. I don’t know what to do because I promised myself (and my husband) that I wouldn’t buy any new furniture at least until we move again but C&B Outlets are hard to come by.
- I painted Ruby’s toenails for the first time today. She was good and sat the entire time I painted, while in my head I went over the ways that girls are so different from boys. However, she didn’t want to sit long enough to allow them to dry so they’re a little smudged. It’s ridiculously cute but I think I’ll wait a while longer before I try again.
- Josh and I had been talking about buying Ruby a water table but literally within a day or two from our first discussion about it, I read this post and thought that this Montessori style of play was so much cooler. $2 versus $50. Duh. Give a kid a bowl of water and a bowl of dried beans and let them at it. The best part is that it kept all three kids and our dog entertained for a half an hour.
- Josh’s 6 year mark in the CG is on Wednesday. I can’t believe it has been that long already.
- Josh’s 30th birthday is in a month. I have no idea what the hell to get him. All the poor guy wanted was a weekend away but I’m not ready to leave Ruby overnight yet. Maybe by his 40th birthday I will be…